DOG PARADE & COSTUME CONTEST – OCT 13th 2019
Dogs like to dress up for Halloween, too!
It’s that time of year again. Get the puppies ready to have barkin’ good time at Luna Park for our annual Halloween Dog Parade and Costume Contest. Bring the dogs out October 13th to strut in front of thousands of spectators; including a live audience and judges for a festive Costume Contest. Be there, be square, be creative! To participate, register now through October 9th.
Pre-Register your dog ( It’s FREE!)
Let’s take a look on some of our favorite furry pals from our annual dog parade
at Halloween Harvest over the years!
This year the dog parade is set to take place on October 13th. RAIN OR SHINE
1. Let’s “Taco” About How Cute This Is!
2. It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s…!
3. Can somebody say twinning?
4. Who You Gonna Call?
The season isn’t over yet!
So keep posting those photos, tagging us at @lunaparknyc and using the hashtag #mylunapark!
These were our top 5 instagrammable moments (so far), do you have what it takes to top this list?
Share your favorite moments and tag us on Instagram!
Sponsor is Central Amusement International Inc., as Luna Park IN Coney Island, 1000 Surf Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11224, USA (hereinafter: “Sponsor” or “Luna Park”).
The “Dog Costume Contest” will take place on October 13, 2019 from 12:00pm US Eastern Standard Time (EST) to 3pm EST (the “Contest”)l Rain date scheduled for October 20, 2019 from 12:00pm US Eastern Standard Time (EST) to 2:00pm EST. Information on how to enter and on the prizes are part of these official rules (“Official Rules”). By participating to the Contest, each participant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules.
Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are over the age of 18 at the time of entry. Current and former employees of Sponsor are not eligible.
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY AND A PURCHASE OR CASH BRIBE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. To participate, contestants must register online for the Contest or at the check-in desk located inside Luna Park, 1000 Surf Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11224 from September 21, 2019 at 11:00 AM EST through October 9, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST.
- In order to be registered, participants shall provide his/her contact information, provide information for their dog, sign the Liability Waiver form and provide proof of current dog license and rabies vaccination.
- All dogs must have a collar and a leash must be on hand by owner/participant. Limit one dog per handler. No aggressive dogs are allowed. Any dog exhibiting aggressive behavior will be required to leave the Contest and Luna Park properties. Every owner/participant takes full responsibility for his or her dog at all times.
- Participants will showcase their dogs in costume in front of 3-5 judges, from 1:00 PM EST to at/or about 3:00pm EST on October 13, 2019. Rain date scheduled for October 20, 2019.
- The judges will evaluate the costumes based on Mr./Miss. Congeniality, Cutest, People’s Choice, Most Original and Best of Show. Judges will use a provided flash board of all participants and score cards to deliberate. Judges will then identify three (3) contestants for People’s Choice and winners of Mr./Miss. Congeniality, Cutest and Best of Show.
- Audience will select one (1) winner of People’s choice by making noise which will be recorded with a sound meter. Contestant with the highest read on the meter will be the winner.
- There will be five (5) Winners selected out of all of the Participants, one (1) per category.
- Categories of Mr./Miss Congeniality, Cutest, and People’s Choice will receive one (1) award and two (2) unlimited ride wristbands.
- Categories of Most Original will receive one (1) award, one (1) Gift Bag sponsored by Bark Box and three (3) unlimited ride wristbands. Best of show will receive one (1) award, one (1) Gift Bag sponsored by Bark Box and four (4) unlimited ride wristbands.
- No prize transfer, assignment or substitution by winners permitted. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Sponsor, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the original prize (or that part of the prize) with an alternative prize to the equal monetary value and/or specification, unless to do so would be prohibited by law.
By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable perpetual non–‐exclusive license to Sponsor, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the Entries in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to, future advertising and marketing. Entrants consent to the Sponsor doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe the entrant’s “moral rights” in their Entries. Display or publication of any Entry on a Sponsor’s website does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. Sponsor will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to Sponsor the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants. However, Sponsor may choose not to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants, at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Luna Park, Central Amusement International Inc., The City of New York, The City of New York City Department of Parks and Recreation and The New York City Economic Development Corporation. and their partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents, employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest–‐related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.