Do you dream about being part of History and promoting NYC’s most iconic destination for fun?
We are looking for an engaging and experienced bar-back for our Salt and Sizzle location at Luna Park in Coney Island.
Central Amusement International Inc. (CAI) is an amusement park development and management company located in New York City. In 2003, CAI developed Victorian Gardens at Wollman Rink in Central Park, and in 2010 developed Luna Park in Coney Island, at the site of the birthplace of the amusement industry, and currently manages both locations. CAI is part of the Zamperla Group, which is the worldwide leader in the manufacturing of amusement rides.
Summary of role:
Barbacks or runner offer support to our bartenders and assist with the delivery of beverage service to our guests. The ideal candidate has exemplary customer serivce skills, sales attitude and can work in a high volume location. Barbacks aid and assist the bartenders so they can focus on guest & preparation of cocktails.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines of our training programs.
– Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
– Achieve company objectives in efficiency and service as a support to bartenders.
– Adhere to company guidelines for cleanliness and appearance.
– Working with the bartenders to set up the bar this could include: Filling Ice bins, stocking garnishes & fruit, stocking glassware & checking inventory
– Maintaining cleanliness of the bar
-Restocking product inventory throughout the night. this could include: bottles of liquor, batched cocktails, changing beer kegs
-Batching and prepping cocktails for service
-Breaking down the bar at the end of the shift, restocking inventory, removing trash and recyclables from the bar
This position requires to be on your feet for long periods of time, lift heavy objects such as cases of liquor, beer kegs and trash cans.
– Prior experience preferred but not a required.
– Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
– Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
– Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
Job Type: Seasonal