Do you dream about being part of History and promoting NYC’s most iconic destination for fun?
We are looking for an engaging Food & Beverage Shift Supervisor to oversee our Salt and Sizzle location that is a fun, entertaining, casual dining restaurant that sits on the bustling Coney Island Boardwalk.
Central Amusement International Inc. (CAI) is an amusement park development and management company located in New York City. In 2003, CAI developed Victorian Gardens at Wollman Rink in Central Park, and in 2010 developed Luna Park in Coney Island, at the site of the birthplace of the amusement industry, and currently manages both locations. CAI is part of the Zamperla Group, which is the worldwide leader in the manufacturing of amusement rides.
Summary of role:
Salt and Sizzle Shift supervisors oversees and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor costs.
Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- 2 years of experience
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of the restaurant’s trading area.
- Have knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least two years of front-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management positions.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a POS system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Seasonal
Salary: Competitive Salaries of up to $18 – $22/hour including retention & Performance incentives.
Covid Accommodations: Virtual Interview
|Experience||Minimum 1 year of experience|
|Location||1000 Surf Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11224, USA|
|Category||Amusement & Theme Parks|
Point of Sale
Advanced Knowledge of Cash Registers/ Money Handling
Safe Food Handling
By applying you confirm you have these skills.