Do you dream about being part of History and promoting NYC’s most iconic destination for fun?
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill the role of Gelato Chef at Luna Park Coney Island. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring Food quality and Food service is in line with company standards. This position is primarily responsible for executing recipes according to the brand. Coney Cones is well known for its artesian and well crafted Gelatos, sorbets and ice creams and we are seeking candidates that can maintain our high level of quality service.
Central Amusement International Inc. (CAI) is an amusement park development and management company located in New York City. In 2003, CAI developed Victorian Gardens at Wollman Rink in Central Park, and in 2010 developed Luna Park in Coney Island, at the site of the birthplace of the amusement industry. CAI is part of the Zamperla Group, which is the worldwide leader in the manufacturing of amusement rides.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Capable of following recipes accurately and memorizing volumetric measurements
- Ability to lift at least 50-lbs, stand and work for long hours and perform other physically demanding tasks on a daily basis without getting tired
- Follow directions confidently and precisely
- Communicate effectively and directly with supervisors and colleagues
- Compliance with all Food Safety Standards is mandatory
- Management of all ordering and acceptance of daily deliveries and ability to keep things within set cost margins with suppliers
- Work with FOH (Front of House) to establish and meet pars
- Maintain organization of kitchen, including organization and cleanliness of dry storage, walk-ins, and dairy fridge
- Conduct daily quality checks of products
– Provide warm attention and be polite towards our customers.
– Represent the CAI image by coming to work clean and in uniform
– Be on time for your shift
– Respect your superiors and fellow workers.
– To participate as part of a team by assisting others when needed.
– Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
– Prepare products according to recipe specifications.
– Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
– Rotate stock to maintain freshness standards (FIFO – First In, First Out).
– Clean and maintain the equipment and station area.
– Fulfill all of the assignments given to you.
– Follow all CAI policies and procedures.
– A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking. Prior experience working in an ice-cream/Gelato shop is preferred.
– At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
– Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
– Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
– Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
Job Type: Seasonal
Salary: Competitive Salaries of up to $17/hour including retention & Performance incentives.
Covid-19 Accommodations: Virtual Interviews
Compensation: Discussed at Venue
|Experience||Minimum 1 year of experience|
|Location||1000 Surf Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11224, USA|
|Category||Amusement & Theme Parks|
Point of Sale
Casual Dining Experience
By applying you confirm you have these skills.