Foods Line Cook
Perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide warm attention and be polite towards our customers
- Represent the CAI image by coming to work clean and in uniform
- Be on time for your shift
- Respect your superiors and fellow workers
- To participate as part of a team by assisting others when needed
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas
- Cook and prepare products according to recipe specifications
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity
- Rotate stock to maintain freshness standards (FIFO – First In, First Out)
- Clean and maintain the cooking equipment and station area
- Fulfill all of the assignments given to you
- Follow all CAI policies and procedures
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
This position reports to: Kitchen Manager