EMT – Paramedic
To provide paramedic level medical care to residents of the community.
- Reports to: Operational Staff
- Directs: Firefighters trained to the EMT-Basic or Intermediate level while performing as medical crew.
- Has frequent contact with other emergency response agencies, other departmental employees, and the general public.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Responds to emergency, rescue and medical incident; provides support functions, emergency responses, records and reporting duties, and emergency medical treatment including but not limited to medical emergencies, trauma emergencies. Plans, organizes, directs and controls medical service functions within applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Provides emergency medical services for the park.
- Acts as a first responder to all types of emergency situations
- May be assigned duties as an emergency medical technician
- Responds to all rescue calls
- Ensures the equipment is fully prepared and functional at all times
- Performs general maintenance and upkeep of apparatus and equipment
- Performs and document required inspections as assigned
- Participates in preventative maintenance on medical apparatus, and station maintenance
- Prepares various reports and other documents
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of: emergency medical care at the EMT/CFR level; local codes related to emergencies; state statutes, city ordinances, and standard office practices and procedures.
Skill/Ability to: pre-hospital emergency medical care at the EMT/CFR level of certification, operate computers, including word processing and software; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public; develop, organize, motivate, and effectively utilize staff; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; read and interpret manuals, policies, and other documents; and operate medical equipment.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
High school graduation or its equivalent; prefer a minimum of one year experience as a EMT/CFR/First-Aid or ; any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.Apply Now